Friday, January 05, 2007

Ooi, stop it!!!

One month late…..
it's confirmed..
Joshies a gets a kick from revealing my age…

First day of linear. Sat in the second row to show that i mean business.Then the guy sitting next to me turn around and asked if i was a senior. From then on i knew it was a start of a beautiful friendship. Don't know his name so i'll call him tar guy. It must of been my mature looks that prompted him to think that.Ah, a fellow tarcian.That explains why he taught i was a senior. We tarcian are of a different breed, a cut above. Tar rules! We can sense quality and maturity when we see it. Unlike some folks. So me and tar guy was talking. Told him i did stpm there. For those contemplating to take stpm. A word of advice, don't! The following is the dialogue between me and tar guy:

Tar guy : so you did stpm, how old does that make you.

Me: erm... Before i could answer.

Tar guy: 86?

Me: i could only shake my head.

Tar guy: 85?

Me: i was like crap doesnt 87 come after 86? It was now or never. 85 was my only choice. Tar guy was like a year or 2 younger than me and already has a diploma. As for me all i have is this stupid foundation cert. So i just bring couldn't myself to tell him my real age. You can say we tarcians are a proud lot. Before i could even answer. Joshie from out of nowhere as if on cue, just like a standard four kid sticks up four fingers in the air. I could alreadY see the disgust in tar guy's eyes. But my attention was the big grin on joshie face. Just felt like smacking it off his face.

Tar guy : 84?!

Me: i could only manage to murmur a disgraceful 'yes'.

Well so much for a beautiful friendship.

It wasn't the first time joshie did this. Almost every one i come in contact with is bound to know my age from yours truly. I think he gets a freakin kick out of this….

It happened with Adeline, a senior just recently I forgot his name, almost happened with sook ping but I already told her my age before jOshie could, should of seen the disappoint on his face, almost made me felt sorry for him. And these are just the ppl I recall. The list goes on.

Somewhere along the line, i think joshie put this into his 'things to do before i die' list. It's probably right up there with spooning andrew.

It's ashame that now we're not in the same class all the time. What happens if i meet someone new and your not there? Who gonna tell them my age for me. U freakin age revealer… Tell you what, just so you can die a happy man, why don't you make me a tag stating my age so i can wear when your not in my class. Ah the things i do for my friends...

No comments: