Saturday, April 11, 2009

Work, Work, Work

For those of you who know us, you would know that we started our industrial training this week. So this is my first week of work.


Office job, stressful job by ~FriXedAirwave on deviantART

Day 1 - Read up on some stuff and suddenly my boss tells me that after I read up brief them about the thing; by them I mean my colleagues and some other people from another department. I was like wtf?

Day 2 - I get an e-mail confirming the briefing time and place. Seriously, wtf? He seriously expects me, a trainee to give a briefing??? By the way, the briefing is to be held on Monday at 9 am.

Day 3 - After lunch I went to the client's place, NTT MSC in Cyberjaya. They host servers. Darn their server room looks cool. Looks like those hacker movies where they go into the server rooms, plug in their lap top to one of the servers and you know what happens next.

Day 4 - Client's place the whole day. Hard work man.

Day 5 - Was in the office rushing preparation for the briefing on Monday. Talked to my boss about the briefing. The way he mentioned it, it seems to be like darn serious. After lunch client's place did some testing. At bout 5.45 while doing our testing client came. The client was so darn kecoh. This and that, this and that. Then, I almost had to work tomorrow (Saturday). Thank God the contractors not working so can't go to the client's place and Monday I have to go back to the client's place so the briefing is postponed. =D.

Well that was my 1st week of work. But all in all I think it feels much better than last year when I worked in Technip. Don't know if it is just less boring or I sort of knew what to expect already. Hope everybody else are coping well with their work.

Moment of emoness: on Monday I was thinking, "Shit, one more year of study, then grad, then it's like this for the rest of the time until retirement. This is not good"

But then again, to end our 1st week of work those of us who were in this part of the world met up for a couple of beers. I'd say the week wasn't too bad after all. Lets pray it all goes well for another 11 weeks.

1 comment:

ntg better to do said...

no it's not, noticed the of chicks?